Closing Date: 13 October 2022 @2pm
Job Title: Community Support Officer
Working For: Chris Elmore MP (Ogmore)
Salary: FTE £24,000 – £28,320 (Pro-rata: 3 days a week)
Length of Contract: 6 months
Chris is looking for an experienced community support officer to join his busy team in the constituency office for 3 days per week (22.5 hours). The successful applicant will be mostly responsible for community engagement and should have a proven track record in organising events, liaising with various community groups and organisations. They will also need to be a strong team player and pro-active in delivering projects within the constituency.
One of the working days will be a Friday and the other days can be negotiated.
• Engage professionally, confidentially and with care and integrity with members of the public, through a variety of methods
• Assist with arrangements for events – this may include venue research and bookings; compiling and managing guest-lists; liaising with suppliers; and providing on-the-day event support as required
• Accompany the MP on constituency visits Handle administrative arrangements for meetings with members of the public/MP surgeries, take photos for and from events Work on local campaigns
• Efficient data and file management to ensure the office complies with the data protection legislation.
• Database management using office software (e.g. Microsoft Office) to handle administrative cases
• Monitoring of local community hubs
• Proven experience of organising events and community engagement
• Ability to balance competing demands in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent time management, work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
• Well organised with a keen eye for detail
• Self-starter, able to organise independently and manage own workload
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience of working within a small team
• Knowledge of Ogmore constituency
• A good grasp of current affairs and political developments
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party
• Driving license and use of own vehicle
There may occasionally be a requirement to work outside normal working hours.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Interview: Will take place in person, date tbc
Start date: Subject to security clearance
Please email your CV and one page covering letter setting out why you want to do this job and how your skills are relevant (saved as one pdf document) to email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Community Support Officer 2022’.