Closing Date: 24th August 2022 @ 1:00pm
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Chris Elmore MP (Ogmore)
Salary: £24,324.32pa (FTE £30,000)
Length of Contract: Fixed Term with a view to become permanent after 6 months
Chris is looking for a self-starter, with a keenness to learn, to join Chris in Westminster for 4 days per week.
The successful candidate will have proven experience and a knowledge of parliament and the political landscape of Wales as well as the wider devolution settlement of the United Kingdom. They will need to be a strong team player, who can work both independently and collaboratively as part of committed team.
- Ability to balance competing demands in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management, able to work under pressure and able to meet tight deadlines
- Well organised with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to line manager interns
- Critical thinker and highly motivated
- Strong research skills
- Ability to work independently and within a small team
- Attend events/meetings with MP and complete associated follow up actions
- Knowledge of the Ogmore constituency
- An understanding of Parliamentary procedure
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party
- There may occasionally be a requirement to work outside normal working hours, with occasional travel to the constituency expected
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Interview: w/c 5th September 2022
Start date: 19th September (Subject to security clearance)
Please email your CV and one page covering letter setting out why you want to do this job and how your skills are relevant (saved as one pdf document) to email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Application for Parliamentary Assistant – 2022’.