Salary: FTE £27,000
Length of Contract: Permanent
Chris is looking for a self-starter, with a keenness to learn, to join the team in Westminster for 4 days per week. There may be a possibility for the role to be made full-time after a 6 month probation period.
The successful candidate will have proven experience and a knowledge of parliament and the political landscape of Wales as well as the wider devolution settlement of the United Kingdom. They will need to be a strong team player, who can work both independently and collaboratively as part of committed team.
- Ability to balance competing demands in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management, able to work under pressure and able to meet tight deadlines
- Well organised with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to line manager interns
- Critical thinker and highly motivated
- Strong research skills
- Ability to work independently and within a small team
- Knowledge of the Ogmore constituency
- An understanding of Parliamentary procedure
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party
There may occasionally be a requirement to work outside normal working hours, with occasional travel to the constituency expected.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 25 November 2021
Closing time: 1:00pm
Interview: w/c 6th December 2021
Start date: Beginning of January
Please email your CV and one page covering letter setting out why you want to do this job and how your skills are relevant (saved as one pdf document) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘Application for Parliamentary Assistant – 2021’. Please note that we may not contact you if you are not successful.