Length of Contract: 7 months (maternity cover) possible extension
Chris is looking for an experienced caseworker to join his busy team in the constituency office full time on a fixed-term contract for maternity cover. The successful applicant will be partly responsible for constituency casework and community engagement. The ideal person will have proven experience in the area and will need to be a strong team player.
• Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face
• Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP
• Liaising with local organisations, businesses and the voluntary sector and others on behalf of the MP
• Assist with arrangements of events; this may include: venue research and bookings; compiling and managing guest-lists; and providing on-the-day support as required
• Analyse patterns of enquiries, maintain up-to-date databases and produce reports
• Previous experience of dealing with casework
• Ability to balance competing demands in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent time management, able to work under pressure and able to meet tight deadlines
• Well organised with a keen eye for detail
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience of working within a small team
• Knowledge of the Ogmore constituency
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party
There may occasionally be a requirement to work outside normal working hours.
Closing Date: 30 September 2021
Interview: w/c 11th October 2021
Start date: Beginning of December
Please email your CV and one page covering letter setting out why you want to do this job and how your skills are relevant (saved as one pdf document) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘Application for Caseworker – 2021’.