Salary: FTE £25,000
Length of Contract: 6 months, potential to make permanent
Chris is looking for an experienced community support officer to join his busy team in the constituency office for 2.5 days per week (19 hours) . The successful applicant will be partly responsible for community engagement and will have a proven track record in organising events and liaising with various community groups and organisations. They will also need to be a strong team player and pro-active in delivering projects for the constituency.
One of the working days will be a Friday and the other days can be decided by negotiation.
– Community outreach and organising events in the constituency
– Working on local campaigns
– Liaising with local organisations, businesses and the voluntary sector and others on behalf of the MP
– Accompany the MP on constituency visits
– Organising and attending constituency events to include advice surgeries, street surgeries and community drop-in events
– Proven experience of organising events and community engagement
– Ability to balance competing demands in a fast-paced environment
– Excellent time management, able to work under pressure and able to meet tight deadlines
– Well organised with a keen eye for detail
– Self-starter, able to organise independently and manage own workload
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Experience of working within a small team
– Knowledge of Ogmore constituency – A good grasp of current affairs and political developments
– Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party
– Driving license and use of own vehicle
There may occasionally be a requirement to work outside normal working hours.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 June 2021
Closing time at 5pm
Interview: will take place in July/August
Start date: Beginning of September
Please email your CV and one page covering letter setting out why you want to do this job and how your skills are relevant (saved as one pdf document) to email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Constituency Support Officer’.